Our Identity, Mission, and Vision
Identity and Mission
We are a community of relational and systems-oriented professionals, devoted to supporting the expertise and interests of marriage and family therapists in the state of Georgia.
We achieve this by:
- advancing a clinical community for members to interact and form networks of support.
- establishing and maintaining professional standards in marriage and family therapy.
- hosting educational opportunities throughout the state, that provide access to research in the field, explore innovations in clinical practice, and nurture professional growth.
- connecting and supporting pre-licensed professionals, seasoned therapists, and clinicians relocating to the state, with information and resources needed for successful career development.
- representing marriage and family therapy as a core mental health profession to the public and before government bodies in Georgia.
From the individual to the larger system, GAMFT envisions a world where the promotion of health, progress, and well-being is sustained by relationships that make a difference.
- Raising awareness when systemic changes impact family sustainability.
- Infusing diversity and inclusion into all aspects of GAMFT and the profession.
- Advocating for family health in our local communities.
- Fostering relational practices among families, communities, and other professionals that highlight interconnectedness.
- Cooperating with local representatives and organizations for the furtherance of marriage and family therapy as a mental health profession.