GAMFT is the professional association of and for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists, Associates, Pre-licensed, and Students from the 159 counties of the State of Georgia.
GAMFT provides leadership and expertise in systems-oriented, relationship-focused therapy; serving as a unique prelicense, licensure, supervision and practice management information and assistance resource; and advances continuous improvement in marriage and family therapy through strategic partnerships, innovative programs, and collaborative policy positions.
GAMFT is the source of information, support, and expertise for mental health professionals at all levels of practice who prepare for, provide, and supervise services for all those in need, regardless of race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
IDENTITY AND MISSION OF GAMFT
We are a community of relational and systems-oriented professionals, devoted to supporting the expertise and interests of marriage and family therapists in the state of Georgia.
We achieve this by:
- advancing a clinical community for members to interact and form networks of support.
- establishing and maintaining professional standards in marriage and family therapy.
- hosting educational opportunities throughout the state, that provide access to research in the field, explore innovations in clinical practice, and nurture professional growth.
- connecting and supporting pre-licensed professionals, seasoned therapists, and clinicians relocating to the state, with information and resources needed for successful career development.
- representing marriage and family therapy as a core mental health profession to the public and before government bodies in Georgia.
VISION OF GAMFT
From the individual to the larger system, GAMFT envisions a world where the promotion of health, progress, and well-being is sustained by relationships that make a difference.
- Raising awareness when systemic changes impact family sustainability.
- Infusing diversity and inclusion into all aspects of GAMFT and the profession.
- Advocating for family health in our local communities.
- Fostering relational practices among families, communities, and other professionals that highlight interconnectedness.
- Cooperating with local representatives and organizations for the furtherance of marriage and family therapy as a mental health profession.
NETWORKING EVENT FOR STUDENTS AND RECENT GRADUATES!
Recently graduated and need an MFT supervisor?
We have just the event for you…Supervision Roundtable Talks!
Come ready to share a little about yourself and potential areas of professional interest. We’ll meet several local supervisors who will speak to their practice and philosophy of supervision.
So, take a break from scouring the internet for the right fit and join us for an informative, casual networking meetup. Only $5 to reserve your spot today! https://www.metroatlantagamft.com/networking-events
602 N Highland Ave NE
Atlanta GA 30307
Friday, June 21, 2019
11:00 AM – 12:30 PM