Become an Approved Supervisor
Why train to become an AAMFT Approved Supervisor?
In the May/June 2010 issue of Family Therapy Magazine, Thorana Nelson wrote a thought-provoking article entitled “So Why Take the Fundamentals of Supervision Course or Become an AAMFT Approved Supervisor?”
The following six reasons were identified as motives for investing the time and energy required to earn Approved Supervisor status:
- The Approved Supervisor designation offers expanded career opportunities.
- It is considered to be the next logical step of professional growth.
- The desire to become a better supervisor.
- It helps the Supervisor/Therapist become a better therapist.
- Grants the opportunity for mentorship.
- An opportunity for one to “give back” to the profession.
Whether one’s motive is one or more of the aforementioned, obtaining the Approved Supervisor designation offers a vast array of opportunities, including professional growth and development as well as contribution to the MFT field.
How to become an AAMFT Approved Supervisor
The Approved Supervisor designation is granted through AAMFT. To learn more about becoming an Approved Supervisor, visit AAMFT’s Approved Supervision webpage.